How do you measure success?
There are many ways of measuring success. However, some of the methods are good and some of the definitions of success are just plain ole stupid.
Nobody wants to be a failure and nobody wants to be called a loser. I don’t want to offend you but…
Is your method for measuring success smart or stupid? Are you asking the right questions to measure your success?
Let’s take a look and don’t worry because I’m about to give you a few successful ways to define success.
3 Stupid Ways to Define Success
I hope your checklist for defining success doesn’t just include the following goals.
- Girls- Am I a ladies Man? Do I have a great body and a girl with an even better body?
- Gold– Do I have money and material possessions?
- Glory– Am I popular, powerful or prestigious?
Success is Not just measured by finances, material possessions, popularity or or even how famous we are although these can be a part of our success.
Don’t get me wrong. Some of the above goals can be included in your overall achievements. Money is not evil, but the love of money is.
Accurately Defining Success
So is there an accurate way to define success?
Although there are quick victories like winning a race, long term success is not temporary, rather it is eternal. Be aware that you can’t take your nice looks, popularity, houses and cars, your position in society or even your trophy’s with you when you leave this earth.
Success and Purpose in Life go hand in hand. If you want to fulfill YOUR purpose in life you need to find out what it is. I do this by accomplishing GOD’S purpose for my life.
Ask questions like:
“Why AM I here on this earth?”
or “What on earth am I doing here?”
Because I am including eternal purpose in my definition, you’ll note that you wont find these questions anywhere in the Wikipedia definition of Success .
Ask yourself these questions or, better yet, ask someone who knows you well to honestly help you evaluate to help you measure your success:
- Who am I?
- Do I possess Character?
- Do I have a good relationship with God?
- Am I a person of Integrity?
A Successful Family
- Am I Respected?
- How is my relationship with my family?
- Do those who know me best respect me most?
- Am I a successful businessman?
- Am I fulfilling my vocational or entrepreneurial call by using my gifts?
- Do I lead by example and empower others to do the same?
A Successful Ministry
- Am I serving others?
- Do I love others as I love myself?
SUCCESS IN LIFE
- Am I fulfilling Gods calling and purpose for my Life?
- Do I love God with all my heart, my mind, my soul, and all my strength?
I answer these questions on my about page on my personal website as they define who I am.
How do you measure success? Answering the questions I presented in this article should help you in your journey for real life success.